Monday 19 October 2015

What is in my handbag?

As I have promised you last week, today I would like to share what do I carry in my handbag. Personally I love to watch on YouTube "what is in my handbag" vlogs and find them not just interesting, but useful. I think what ever you have in your handbag, can describe you as a person. Looks like I am a minimalist even in this.

I don't collect bags, but I have three I love and would find my life inconvenient without.  

- Casual. I have this black backpack from the Red Herring. It is comfortable (with a toddler), but elegant with a cute bow and a stylish weave cut. Beautiful thing to wear every day. I bought it a year ago from the Debenhams and it is with me in and out ever since.


- Going out. This is my "star"! I bought it same time as backpack, but I wear it only on special occasions. Lovely tan bag from Nica. I like the design and tiny details. Another pros is that it can fit enough of everything a girl needs.



- Summer time. Well I would call it only that, because I wear it only during hot summer days. I always wanted a vintage look bag. I got it from the Primark, so it isn't as pricey as bags above. By now I know that price is not everything. I like the look and feel of it. Brilliant for going outs, walks in the park or for a trip to a seaside.



My recent additions are two jute shopper bags. I have one with the lovely green daisies pattern all over and another one with blue and yellow check pattern. Both got a handy zip. I used jute bag with daisies during the summer time and checked pattern jute bag is with now. It suits better with the autumn clothes. 


You can find similar jute bags on MWgift(s) on eBay, just click here to have a look.



What is in my bag?


Most of the time I have same items in my bag. If I change a bag, I just transfer what is important to a new one and back.

1. Purse. I have two: one for notes and cards, another for coins. I don't like big wallets, so this is the best way for me.

2. Card holder. I am using it for all the advantage cards I have. To keep them in one place, not all over the bag. Plus I tend to put any useful coupons in there, to stay on top of the shopping game.

3. Oyster card. I use public transport almost daily and this is a necessary little thing to have in the handbag if you live in London. I keep it in this cute card holder from Cath Kidston.

4. Mobile. Another item I can't go out without. Being a mum I need my mobile constantly on me. Whenever I forget it at home, I feel more tense and worried. I got this Samsung J recently. I like its big screen and it has enough space for all the apps I need. Does decent photos as well. 

5. Home keys. Well, you can't leave them at home for sure! I have small shell from India on them and a Dove coin for shopping trolley, plus some fobs of advantage and library cards.

6. Cosmetic bag. I got this one from my first and last Birchbox, they had really nice samples that month and I couldn't resist it. I don't really carry cosmetics with me. I do my make-up in the mornings and usually don't need any touching up during the day. 

But here are my cosmetic bag must haves:

- Shine control papers. I have current ones from the Superdrug. I mentioned them before, they do job lovely and not too expensive.
- Lip balm. I got this lovely lip balm from Lollipops. It came in the July's Glossybox and I am just in love with it. Nice texture, it isn't sticky, has gentle scent and does the job. What else would you want?
- Small hair brush. I have a Kent Natural Shine Range Procrupine brush. It has beech wood handle, natural bristles with nylon mix. Glides perfectly through long hair, doesn't pull and leaves them soft and smooth. I like it so much, that I would like to buy a big one for my dressing table.

7. Pocket tissue. Well, you never know when you will need one.

8. Mouth freshener. Just in case I feel like I need some. I have always or chewing gum or Tic Tac in my handbag.

9. Umbrella. I have this cute small umbrella from Cath Kidston. It fits in casual and going out bag perfectly. I like the pattern and surprisingly it is a strong umbrella for a windy London. I have it for a year now.

10. Headphones. To listen music on the go.

Two items are missing from my bag: small mirror and a hand cream. I will need to replace them asap.


Here is my hand bag story - not a perfect one, but personal. What do you have in your handbag? Is there something, you can't go out without?
Marija



1 comment:

  1. Nice reading, I love your content. This is really a fantastic and informative post. Keep it up and if you are looking for Jute Shopping bag then visit VamasaBags

    ReplyDelete