Saturday 29 August 2015

Empty Bottles - August 2015

August was a busy and exciting month. My little boy was 2 on 19th and I was busy with all birthday preparations and family. Not much happened in the beauty world for me. This month I have only two empties to share and review.


1. YESto Cucumbers Daily Gel Cleanser for Sensitive Skin. This is the most gentle facial cleanser I have ever tried. Amazingly it deep cleans, gently lifting dirt and impurities - leaving skin soothed, calm and clean. This daily gel cleanser is 96% natural and it can remove my daily make-up and doesn't irritate my eye skin either. 

YESto Cucumbers Daily Gel Cleanser contains organic cucumbers (to rejuvenate and soothe the skin), Aloe Vera (gentle moisturiser to refresh the skin) and Green tea (antioxidant and astringent to treat troubled skin and breakouts).

Here is the full ingredient list for you to have a look:

Water (Aqua), Lauryl Glucoside, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Chloride, Glycerin, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Seed Extract*, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract*, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Maris Limus Extract, Alcohol, Copper Chloropyll, Sodium Benzoate, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Glyceryl Caprylate, Phenethyl Alcohol, Fragrance (Parfum).
*Certified Organic Ingredient

I will give YESto Cucumbers Daily Gel Cleanser for Sensitive Skin 5 stars out of 5. I like this cleanser for its fresh cucumber scent; gentle, effective and natural formula and how it leaves my skin - soft, calm and clean.


2. Organic Surge Orange Flower Toner. This is a natural orange flower toner with orange flower water, aloe Vera and Centrella Asiatica extract. Not the most appealing scent for a toner, but it isn't easy to find a lovely scented natural toner. It is alcohol free and suitable for all skin types.

If you are kin on orange flower, this toner is something to check out. I did some research and found out that orange flower water is well known for its regenerating and healing properties and is often used as an anti-ageing ingredient. 


Here is the ingredient list for you to have a look:

Aqua/Water, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract*, Citrus Aurantium Amara Flower Water*, Centella Asiatica Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract*, Benzyl Alcohol, Dehydroacetic Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Phytate, Citric Acid. *ingredient from organic farming. Free from animal-derived ingredients. Suitable for vegetarians and vegans. Product colour or texture may vary slightly due to natural ingredients. Store in a cool dry place, out of direct sunlight.


I had a lot of fun with this beauty product, but in the end something went wrong. I don't know if my skin got tired of it, or this toner has expired before its time, but I started to get burning sensations and redness after each use. This is a "no" sign for me and even I still got a bit toner left in the bottle, it is going into my bin.

I will give Organic Surge Orange Flower Toner 3 stars out of 5. It is a lovely, fresh and natural toner, but my skin had enough of it within few months. This is actually first beauty product, which got rejected by my skin and it isn't a sensitive type.


Have you tried any of above? What do you think?
Marija

1 comment: