Thursday 29 December 2016

Facial skin care routine update -winter 2016/17

This type of blog post you seems like the most, so I thought to treat you to mu updated skin care routine before this year is out. It took me few cleansing method trials before my skin settled into a happy existence this winter. Usually it takes just few weeks to transit between seasons, but this time it took me few months. Not sure why it is so, but here are all the products I use in my facial skin care routine.


I would like to begin with a disclaimer. I am not a skin care professional, this is just my personal skin care routine. Please use it only as a guide to establish your own. This is not an advertisement, all products I purchased with my own funds.

Whenever I plan my skin care routine, I try to follow 5 rules: cleansing, toning, moisturising, exfoliating and a special treat. I would say that all my skin care routines are and were based on those; only products themselves tend to change.

1. Cleansing. As I have mentioned above, I had a bit of a challenge with cleansing this year. It took me longer to figure out what method my skin prefers and I am glad that I have found a solution for now. I wend from cleansing gel to oil cleansing method to my very old style - less is better. At the moment I use Nivea Daily Essentials Extra Gentle Eye Make-up Remover to cleanse my eye make up and I use a bit extra to cleanse all my face followed by a good rinse with warm water. Not much, but this calmed my skin irritation and improved overall complexion.

I use Vichy Purete Thermale Fresh Cleansing Gel now only once or twice a week in the morning and Miaroma Avocado Oil as a cleanser when I feel like to give my face some massage in the evening.

2. Toning. I haven't changed my Vichy Purete Thermale Perfecting Toner and still am using it to spray over my face and neck after cleansing and after a shower. I love the fresh scent and formula seems to agree with my skin. 

3. Moisturising. I am using Nivea Daily Essentials Sensitive Day Cream and Night Cream. Both are gentle, soothing and seems work well with my skin type. Day cream comes with SPF15, so I am not using a separate skin protection at the moment. I bought again Yes to Blueberries Fine Lines and Wrinkles Eye Firming Treatment for my under the eye skin. Personally I find it very hard to decide on the eye cream, most of them I have tried haven't really left any impression on my memory, well apart from Yes to. It it light, but hydrates and moisturises gentle skin very well. 

4. Exfoliating. I am opting for a mild exfoliation this winter: face cloth with Avocado oil when I do oil cleansing, Konjac sponge when I use cleansing gel or gentle scrub once a week. Vichy Normaderm 3 in 1cleanser, scrub and mask is one of my favourite multi-tasking skin care products. I use it mostly as a scrub and a deep cleansing mask. It is gentle and leaves my skin fresh and clear after each use.

5. A Special treat. We all need one! I love to treat my skin with some oils or face masks as often as I feel the need. I don't have a permanent choice of skin oil or face mask. At the moment I am going through my reserves and trying to finish products I have bought or received from the Glossybox. I am using Rodin Luxury Face Oil once in a while as a serum, just before my night cream, and Mudmasky Facial Detox Purifying Recovery Mask or Sisley Black Rose Cream Mask. I apply masks once or twice a week, opting for a cream textured one more often this winter.

There are three more beauty products I would like to add to my skin care routine: Miaroma Tea Tree and Lavender essential oils and The Organic Pharmacy Antioxidant Lip Balm. They are part of my facial skin care routine, but don't really belong to any particular section. I use Tea Tree oil on my breakouts in the evening, if I have any and I like to add a bit of Lavender essential oil into the Avocado oil when I cleanse my face with it. Lip balm is a must have for me this time of the year and The Organic Prarmacy Antioxidant Lip Balm is my perfect choice so far.


What is your must have skin care product this winter?
Marija


Read more:





1 comment:

  1. This is actually a decent wellspring of data, I will frequently tail it to know more data and grow my insight, I figure everybody should know it, much obliged. Moisturising Toner environ for sale

    ReplyDelete