Wednesday 9 March 2016

Balcony in bloom - early spring

It's been awhile since my last balcony in bloom update, but apart of trimming and watering nothing really happened this winter. This week I had a bit of free time for my "gardening" and thought to share my early spring balcony with you.


Here is the plant corner. Mild winter this year allowed Geranium to flower through the cooler months. Plant itself looks more established and strong. I am confident it will last for many more months or even years. I have Geranium in gorgeous light and deep pink shades. Click here to read previous balcony in bloom update.

Another happy news - my last year Narcissus is back and I am looking forward to its blooms very soon. 

Sadly Lavender plant didn't do well and it is replaced by Begonia seedlings. I hope to get flowers closer to summer time. My succulents aren't well either. I think that I over trimmed them and they now need some time to establish themselves.


Here is my basket with only one Cyclamen, but it is still in bloom. I haven't decided yet what to add to it. Do you have any suggestions?


This beauty, is a gift from my neighbour. A succulent plant, as well known as Chinese Money Plant. It looks great on the other end of the balcony.

I had such a great time tidying my plants for the spring. It is amazing how simple plant caring gives you such a positive set of mind. I can call it my anti-stress balcony therapy.


How is your garden/balcony/patio looking this spring? Share your blooming corners with me in the comments below. Colourful spring to all!
Marija 


No comments:

Post a Comment