Tuesday 2 February 2016

Empty bottles - January 2016

I like what I see in my empties this month.


1. John Freida Full Repair Hydrate + Rescue Shampoo. It is good. I like everything about this bottle from the packaging to the properties of the product inside it. Pump is very handy to use in the shower and it left only a tiny amount of shampoo at the bottom, so minimum waste. Shampoo is very gentle on scalp and hair, but lathers very well. Easy to wash out oily hair masks in one go. Light and pleasant scent as well a positive point.

Here is the ingredient list for you to have a look:

Aqua, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycol Distearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Parfum, Cocamide MEA, Sodium Chloride, Silicone Quaternium-18, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Benzyl Alcohol, Trideceth-6, Disodium EDTA, Malic Acid, Trideceth-12, Glycine, Plukenetia Volubilis Seed Oil, PPG-9, Stearoxypropyl Dimethylamine, C14-28 Isoalkyl Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, C14-28 Alkyl Acid, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Stearyl Alcohol, Methylisothiazolinone, Tocopherol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Linalool, Citronellol.


A definite "again" for me. Gentle, caring and light shampoo for fine hair - just what I need.

2. Maybellie Matte Maker Mattifying Powder. I have a mixed thought about this one. My first impression was - such a soft powder, my second though was - such a dusty powder. It used to fly everywhere. I am glad to finish it and I am sure I won't buy it again. There is no "wow" factor in this beauty product, or maybe I wanted too much from a mass market cosmetic. It wasn't bad either, just another pressed powder to try out.

Here is the ingredient list:

Talc, Paraffinum Liquidum/ Mineral Oil/ Magnesium Stearate, Caprylyl Glycol. [+/- May Contain: Cl 77492 / Titanium dioxide/ Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499, Iron Oxides

It contains Mineral Oil. I think I shall choose better next time.

3. Vichy Purete Thermale Perfecting Toner. I needed to change my toners for something more pleasant. I love natural toners, but I was truly tired to tolerate their scents. I am actually delighted to buy Vichy Purete Thermale. The ingredient list isn't that bad, the scent is lovely refreshing and it calms and cools the skin just the right way.


AQUA / WATER - PEG-8 - GLYCERIN - PEG-60 HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL - DISODIUM EDTA - COPPER SULFATE - MYRTRIMONIUM BROMIDE - PARFUM / FRAGRANCE

The Perfecting Toner removes any impurities residue left after cleansing. It is formulated without alcohol and contains Glycerin for a moisturising effect. My skin just takes it all in with gratitude. I am planing to take advantage of 3 for 2 offer on skin care currently running at Boots and buy another bottle. 

4. Toni&Guy Classic Shine Gloss Serum. My bottle was faulty and I decided to rescue what ever left transferring serum into small empty bottle. I thought to review it now as well, so I don't need to keep the actual bottle until I finish the serum.

This serum is suitable for all hair types. I use it after the hair dryer to help me to control frizz and static. It is ok, but not great. Serum smooths hair nicely and smells good, but I have a feeling that something is missing. I used it for some time now, but don't feel like buying another bottle.

Here is the ingredient list:

Cyclopentasiloxane, Isohexadecane, Dimethiconol, Parfum (Fragrance), Phenyl Trimethicone, Amodimethicone, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Salicylate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citral, Citronellol, Coumarin, Geraniol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Linalool.

Even ingredient list isn't that bad, I think it is just me and desire to have saloon quality hair. I am still in search of the perfect hair serum/oil. Do you know one?


Here are all my empties. Have you tried any from above? Do you have your own favourites?
Marija



No comments:

Post a Comment