Monday 4 April 2016

Empty bottles - Royal Apothic and Crabtree&Evelyn

I have two empty tubes of cream to review today for you. I used both as a hand cream. Royal Apothis Cream came in the Glossybox few months ago in the small size, so it lived in my hand bag ever since. Crabtree&Evelyn I have since the New Year, and Somerset Meadow is the first to run out from the set of six. Lets I tell you in more details about each one.


1. Royal Apothic Venetian Grove Cream Creme. This is a deeply hydrating body cream, which provides a mild exfoliation due to Lactic Acid from Milk Proteins and deep hydration thanks to Olive Oil and Vitamins A and E.

My first impression and love went to the texture and the most delicious scent I had in a body cream. Venetian Grove is creamy, soft, absorbs fast and without any residues; plus it has fresh, floral and romantic scent to it.

I could't find full ingredient list and sadly didn't keep the box it came in to share it with you. I would give Royal Apothic Venetian Grove Cream Creme 5 points out of 5. It is the best body/hand cream I have tried so far and I would like to buy it again. Another keeper beauty item for me. This cream was great during cooler months, it kept my skin soft and well nourished.


2. Crabtree&Evelyn Somerset Meadow Hand Therapy. This is a light, but creamy hand therapy cream which is infused with Shea Butter, Macadamia Nut Oil and has fresh, fruity-floral scent. Another cream with lovely texture and consistency. 

Here is the ingredient list for you to have a look:

Water (Aqua)(EAU). Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil. Zea Mays (Corn) Starch. Hydroxyethyl UREA. Stearic Acid. Emulsifying Wax NF. Cetyl Alcohol Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter. Isoprobyl Myristate Saccharide Isomerate. Fragrance (Parfum). Hedera Helix (IVY) Leaf/Stem Extract. Nymphaea Odorata Root Extract. Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride Cetearyl Alcohol Sucrose Stearate. Ardinine Glycerin. Dimethicone. Sucrose Tristearate. Behentrimonium Methosulfate. Caprylyl Methicone. Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate. Pentaerythrityltetra-di-t-butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate. Disodium EDTA. Polysorbate 20. Ethylhexyglycerin. Glycereth-2 Coxoate. Commiphora Myrrha Resin Extract. Ceramide 3. Butylene Glycol Cholesterol Ceramide 6 II. Phytosphingosine Carbomer. Xanthan Gum. Citric Acid. Lecithin. Caprylyl Glycol. Hyaluronic Acid. Hydrolyzed Soy Protein. Hexylene Glycol. Ascorbyl Glucoside. Tocotrienols. Tocopherol Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) oil. Ceramide 1. Squalane. Lemonene Linalool. Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde Geraniol. Benzyl Salicyate. Butylphenyl. Methylpropional. Citronellol. Phenoxyethanol. Benzoic Acid. Potassium Sorbate. Sodium Benzonate.


A very long ingredient list, but my reservations only with the results. I like the texture, scent is lovely, but it isn't enough nourishing and hydrating for my hands. I have few dry patches in between fingers. That isn't a good sign for me, if I am using a hand cream often during the day. It could be the change of season or something else my skin is lacking at the moment. I will play and use other creams from the set and will keep you up to date with the results.

I would give Crabtree&Evelyn Somerset Meadow Hand Therapy 4 points out of 5, due to my reservations. It is a lovely cream, but not good enough for me.


Have you tried any from above?
Marija

No comments:

Post a Comment